Saturday, September 26, 2009

Candy Lightner thinks soldiers aren't adults.... that might explain the way my father acts....

For those of you who didn't know Candy Lightner, or as we shall call her from now on, Candy, was once a [very] MADD president (and the founder, actually). I happened upon two quotes of hers which scream HYPOCRITE (also, bitch but that's for another time).

The first quote seems extremely reasonable and in fact I wholeheartedly AGREE with it. It's very sound and not the least bit MADD (pun intended).

Here's the quote:

"If you want to drink, that's your business. But as soon as you drink and get behind the wheel of a car, it becomes my business."


Yeah, if you want to drink, go for it, but once you get in the car my chances of dying go up just a little bit more (even if I'm not in a car, because you could crash into my house... probably not but hey it's not impossible). And Mrs. Candy lost her 13 year old daughter to a repeat drunk driver. I've been able to find no information about how old he/she/it was but the chances that the driver
was well in excess of 21. I dunno why I just have this feeling because no where in any internet resources does it mention the age of the driver, I would like to find out but since the driver was over 21 they feel no need to mention his age because it has no bearing on her NEXT quote. (The one that makes her a hypocritch (or does hypobitch sound better to anyone?)).

Before someone gets MADD at me I know, her daughter was killed by a repeat drunk driver and that truly is a horrible thing and should never have happened and I feel really bad especially since her daughter didn't have any rights (but that's a story for another time). I just take offense to this quote and I'll just go ahead and quote her:

"It [the brain of 18-year-olds] isn’t developed, and that’s exactly why the draft age is 18, because these kids are malleable. They will follow the leader, they don’t think for themselves and they are the last ones I want to say ‘here’s a gun, and here’s a beer.’ They are not adults; that’s why they’re in the military. They are not adults."
Being the extremely logical person I am. Let's quickly deconstruct what she just said.

First quote, she said:

"If you want to drink, that's your business. But as soon as you drink and get behind the wheel of a car, it becomes my business."

"You" means the reader or the listener and the readers/listeners can and are any age, so anyone of any age can drink and that's their business is what she exactly said. Yep.

Moving to the next quote she said 18 year olds become soldiers because they malleable and follow orders, and soldiers are supposed to follow orders so.... soldiers aren't adults? Hmmm.... that would explain the behavior of my father but he wasn't 18 when he enlisted he was 21+ (I think he was like 23/24/25).

So in short, as the title says, Candy doesn't think soldiers are adults, so Candy is very unamerican.

;)

No comments: