Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Difference Between a Liberal and a Conservative - Stop me if I'm getting too off topic

Ok, this isn't exactly a joke. Or the beginning of one. Nor am I trying to offend anyone considering themselves to be a "Conservative."

Let me remind all you (I don't believe I have an audience yet, but someday, someone will discover this blog, and may or may not be offended by it...if so...deal with it) I am no expert in anything, save common sense and the definition of liberty--freedom.

As I am uneducated here is my definition of a "Conservative" (with the help of http://www.dictionary.com/)

1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

Ok so in layman's English that means someone who DOES NOT LIKE CHANGE.

The definition of a "Liberal" is: (sorry I like all these definitions too much to leave any of them out)

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2.(often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3.of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
4.favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5.favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
6.of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
7.free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
8.open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
9.characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
10.given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
11.not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
12.of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts.
13.of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.
–noun
14.a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion.
15.(often initial capital letter) a member of a liberal party in politics, esp. of the Liberal party in Great Britain.

FOR THOSE WHO HATE READING (get out of my blog you lazy bums)

Conservative = No Change (which means if your leader is dictator...DON'T DO ANYTHING)
Liberal = Give me Liberty of Give me Death. aka Personal freedom

Who hates Liberty? Honestly? Oh, the Conservatives want to restrict personal freedoms as much as possible. Since when was that cool?

Never

That's when. I like being free. Freedom is awesome. You like freedom too, don't you?

I thought so.

No comments: